Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Interview with Vonda Norwood


Interview of Vonda Norwood
Author of Playing The Coach        

Questions by R. Murry





Can you tell me a little about yourself?

My name is Vonda Norwood. I was born in Alabama, raised in California by a mother from Texas and I now live in Arizona.  I love mysteries and hate long walks on the beach.  :-D

Do you remember the first story you wrote?

Yes!  At 8 years, I re-wrote of the Flintstones’ cartoon.  I didn't like their anniversary special, so I wrote my own.  

Were you inspired by someone or something?

When I was a kid, I heard someone on T.V. once say that if you don't like what you read, watch, or experience - write what you do want to experience. 

What do you like about writing a story?

My favorite thing is creating the characters personalities - how they think, how they relate to each other.  As I write, I get to enjoy their world.

Can you tell us about your book?

"Playing the Coach" - This is an erotica story, which means that my characters have sex with each other and I described it!  LOLOLOL.  One of the most fascinating aspects of this sexual/romance/comedy is the comedy.  Vicky being high-strung about her goal to be the first female football, head coach of her hometown's high school.  That position is held by the one man she's most attracted to.  What does Vicky really want?  Does she want to be a coach or have sex with Coach Wilson.  I'll just say this, Coach Wilson makes certain that Vicky gets exactly what she wants.  :-D 

How did you come up with the story?

That's the best part of this story!  But it would take a story to explain it and then my mind would create another erotica story and I already have too many going on in there to deal with, so I'll just say this:  I tried to make an innocent funny-sexy joke, but I couldn't!  The harder I tried to think of something that was football-coach and sexually-funny, the more inappropriate my thoughts became and the next thing I knew, I had me a whole sexy-funny story that wouldn't leave my mind!  I couldn't stop thinking about a sexy man, lying around in a towel just waiting for me to um...  :-X  .


What genre best fits for the book?

Erotica/Romance/Comedy

Are you working on something new at the moment?

I am working on my sequel.  The title is "Facebook can also make you go to jail too"
And I am writing book 2 of "Indie Authors Make Better Lovers".   I'm hoping to finish Indies 2 before March 10th.  HOPING!!!  My sequel to my "Facebook" - book, is very involved and will take me a lot longer to complete.  I keep finding new short stories to do and the stories clog my mind too much to write my sequel.  So after Indies, I hope to have no more erotica clogging and just complete my sequel!!!   :-/  LOLOLOLOLOL  

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

Every writer is an individual.  Just be yourself and be true to your work.  Enjoy writing it so that people can enjoy reading it.  If you don't enjoy your stories, how can anyone else?

Which authors inspire you?

I've only been inspired by one author.  Ernest Hemingway.  Why?  I HATED his character's personality in the book "The Old Man and The Sea."  I didn't want to have to read that book!  It was a class assignment, so I read it.  Nearly completed with the reading of that story and realized that Mr. Hemingway created one heck of a strong character, which seemed so very real.  What an amazing ability!!!  I still didn't like him, but, I have 100%  respect for the man who created him.  :-D

Where can people go to read your work?

Where can people find you on the internet?

My goodreads blog:


I am Vonda Norwood on Facebook
and @VondaNorwood on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. NO WORRIES PEOPLE! I AM OKAY :-D

    Thank you for the interview Roy!!! I can't believe I actually said, 'erotica clogging'... Kinda seems like a weird choice of words! Ya know? Maybe I was eating too many Gummy Bears at the time... You know what, I must have been eating the gummies that have the juicy centers! Those things squirt as you bite them making the whole experience so much more flavorable! That had to be it! I must have been high on liquidy squirtin gummies!!! Seriously! Who says, 'erotica clogging'? I need a synonym for clogging!!! Or maybe I shouldn't have told the truth!?! I should have freakin lied!!! Yea! I gotta learn to lie and that way nobody knows how weird I am. Image is everything! So from now on, I'm gonna pause my thoughts, think of a lie and good ones too, then I'll type and or speak. Might be hard for me to pause, cuz I don't do that self control thing very well. This interview stuff is really hard to do!!! I'm gonna have to shut up now or else people gonna think something's wrong with me.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that part! LOL If you are worried about it, you can always claim "temporary insanity", let me know, I got that down pat!

      Delete
  2. I thought I was the only one who thought up different endings for cartoons, lol! Glad I have company out there! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun interview, but then again it's Vonda! You would be one fun lady to hang with...great job, both of you!

    ReplyDelete