Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: Sorry, We can't use funny.


  
Written by Barry Parham    
   

Reviewed by R. Murry



I laughed.  I thought and laughed.  And I laughed, thought, and laughed with each sentence I read of Mr. Parham’s many off the cuff jesting and jiving.  I’m just joking.  I think he put much thought into each of his stories, shorts, and ponderings.  He writes some intelligent quibbling too, but not to a fault.

I’m glad he put all these interludes with the world in a book.  I would get frustrated if I had to wait for a newspaper column to come out each week to enjoy his type of entertainment.

Enjoyed most by me, are his Dear Abby Redux replies to correspondents who propose situations and quibble about the world around them.  Mr. Parham answers with appropriate funny words. 

In his writing, I get the feeling that he enjoys poking at the current world affairs especially at the leaders of the free world, as we all do.  However, Mr. Parham does not insult, but gets right to the point which is funnier in a sad way, because of the truth in his words.

I’m not going to give details, but will say that if you want to have a good time laughing, buy this funny expose of the world and the people in it.

Barry’s links are below: The weekly columns are available online, via a yearly subscription, at


Alternatively, Kindle owners can subscribe and have the columns automatically downloaded each week, from this address:


1 comment: