Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Interview with David Ball

Interview with David Ball
Author of The Impatient Outpatient

Questions: R. Murry



Can you tell me a little about yourself? Yes, I’ve been in Film & TV production since 1969 and literally never had a day off until I was struck down with a perforated colon in April 2009. 5 surgeries and 4 years later I’m finally back at work.  I'm married with four children.

Do you remember the first story you wrote? Yes, it was an Agatha Christie style whodunit western screenplay written in Pittsburgh in 1984.

Were you inspired by someone or something? I was inspired by my Father’s love of western movies in the fifties.

What do you like about writing a story? I love the unpredictability of where the story will conclude.

Can you tell us about your book? My book is a true diary of survival where, on three occasions, I thought the end was at hand.

What genre best fits for the book? Autobiographical.

Are you working on something new at the moment? Yes, a compilation of short stories written over the years, some old some newer. At some point I will also start the sequel to my novel “Killing Sands”.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? Yes. Remember you are not writing for you, you are writing for the reader. This should increase your discipline.

Where can people go to read your work? From Amazon or via my website which is    http://www.davidballmovieman.com/


Do you have anything to add? Enjoy your writing and readers will. Remember to re read what you’ve written and ask yourself, “Could I make this any better” and, if the answer is yes, then do it. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment