Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review of The Impatient Outpatient

The Review of 
The Impatient Outpatient
Written by
David Ball

Reviewed by R. Murry

Frank Sinatra sang the song My Way which goes like this:
And now, the end is here
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way...

Well, David Ball has done it his way and has faced the final curtain a number of times over a short period of his life, because fate was not always good to him and his family.  In his diaries, and they must be read as diaries, he goes into detail about his medical history.

Mr. Ball’s description of his dealings with the United Kingdom’s medical system is a mixed bag, because he goes through a number of operations in a short period of time and spends that time in different hospital wards – some good and some bad.  However, his half glass filled philosophy leads him to the conclusion that his life was saved on all occasions, therefore, all is well that ends well.

But not all ends well for his entire family.  As in all large close families, there are many endeavors to comply with – the good, bad, and the ugly.  Mr. Ball’s interesting family encounters are interwoven into his pain in and out of the hospital which is sometimes funny and or sad depending on your point of view.

His dairies are well written and compact and leave the reader thinking This could be me.  And it could be, whether in a British or any other health care system.  If you are British, you'll understand Mr. Ball’s colloquium better than other cultures.
However, anyone who has been put under the knife will understand the tribulation of begin cared for by strangers.

Purchase at

http://amzn.to/1jqInQchttp://amzn.to/1jqInQc




  




No comments:

Post a Comment