Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Interview with Malika Gandhi

Interview with Malika Gandhi
Author of Where the Secret Lies

Questions by R. Murry

Can you tell me a little about yourself?
I am a young author of one and bit years and I love it. I am also a wife, and a mother to two boys. 

Do you remember the first story you wrote?
Yes! I was in junior school then. My story was about a monkey called Manglu and a dried up watering hole! I had the book laminated and wrote Author: Malika Gandhi on the back. I knew then on that I wanted to be an author.

Were you inspired by someone or something?
I was (and still am) an avid reader. I used to read a lot of Roald Dahl and C.S Lewis books then. I think they were the ones who inspired me.

What do you like about writing a story?
I love how characters take over and tell their story themselves. I like to add a little drama and bring the characters to life.

Can you tell us about your book?
My second book which is Where the Secret Lies is about two women who share a connection. They are from two different eras but a secret binds them together. The eras are 1947, which is the start of India's partition and 2012, with a modern take on India.

What genre best fits for the book?
Paranormal Romance.

Are you working on something new at the moment?
Yes. I am writing a trilogy based on Fantastical creatures, witches and powerful spells. The story focuses on two worlds: Earth and another which is fictional. I am very excited about this project as it new territory for me!

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
Be true to yourself. The thing about being an indie author is patience. Being indie is not just about writing the book but also marketing it. You are the creator from start to finish.

Where can people go to read your work?
My books are available on amazon, iTunes, Barnes and noble, Kobo and other leading book sellers.

Do you have anything to add?
Love your writing and don't ever let anything stop that. It is a unique treasure we hold.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment