Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review of Valentine's Surprise



Review of Valentine’s Surprise,
a short story, by Lawrence Wray

Reviewed by Roy Murry

As some of you may know, I subscribe to http://www.one-story.com/  and receive a short story a month, which I read religiously. I have been doing this for a couple of years. I’m telling you this to give you an idea of where I got my knowledge in reviewing short stories – I have read many, including most of Mark Twain’s and other popular authors.

Now to the present and Mr. Wray’s Valentine’s Surprise. I was thankfully surprised and read it twice. It was well constructed prose that kept me interested and made me laugh even though I had to think twice about some of the English converted into American English, which pleasantly slowed down my reading – rethinking what just happened.

The story line was believable and timely. A man buying his wife a present for Valentine’s Day should be an easy thing to do. But when friends get involved a la Lucy and Desi Arnaz of TV comic fame, the results can be hilarious. The laugh meter needle went past the middle on this one.

Lawrence brings the story’s predicament across smoothly. There were no frills, just right to the point story telling. It’s worth the buck or pound for the laugh.
And, we should all laugh each day.

My Lawrence Wray’s links: 

Amazon Author Page  http://viewauthor.at/lawrencewray
Valentine’s Surprise    http://amzn.to/1m2nbJm
Twitter                           @lawrence_wray
Facebook                     www.facebook.com/lawrence.wray.33

No comments:

Post a Comment