Sunday, December 10, 2017

Review of the American Spirit

DAVID McCULLOUGH's

The AMERICAN SPIRIT

Who We Are and What We Stand For

Reviewed by Author Roy Murry

The American Spirit is the second book of McCullough that I have read. The first was John Adams.

History books for many of us are not what we pick up at the bookstore initially. We buy fictional novels mostly as Americans.

However, people tell stories, and that is history. I read because I like stories. Therefore, I purchase a history book or based on history novel every once in a while. You should do that too if I were so bold in noting.

Here, McCullough tells stories in the form of speeches to people including graduates at various universities in the United States. His accounts of the men who help develop what we now call our Republic will inspire the reader to care more about our country.

David chronicles history, some of which I knew being from Massachusetts and others that I was unaware of their existence. Many reading this enjoyable book  will learn history without drudgery interesting, usable facts.

I will be reading another of David McCullough's books. You should try one, starting with The American Spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment